PDA

View Full Version : June Sprints

jkopp
06-26-2005, 11:07 PM
June Sprints Results (Click Here) (http://www.scca.com/Event/Event.asp?Ref=1020|05-junesprints-Group6Race)

sfoltz
06-27-2005, 12:07 AM
What's with the DQ for McDermid (on track incident), what happened there!!? Also another AS car DQ'd!!!

Sean

23CRLmotorsports
06-27-2005, 11:24 AM
I got DQ"D political bull crap, I got blasted in the first turn by a T-2 car not paying attention after the crash in turn 1 on lap 1 I was stopped he wasnt paying attention or wanted to launch into the gravel trap at 60, me along with atleast 7 other cars were damaged. I fixed my damage and returned to the track without loosing a lap, then got passed by the leaders of t-1 under yellow and went back around them to get out of that pack ( car was 80%) and SCCA didnt like that. It was a huge waste of time and money It would have been a good race and when that crap happens it really makes me think twice about running AS and even SCCA DOESNT EVERYONE KNOW YOU CANT WIN THE RACE ON THE FIRST LAP LET ALONE THE FIRST FRIKKIN CORNER. i watched 73 SRF get thru almost 3 laps without any damage we cant even get 1 corner. anybody want to buy a car????

jimwheeler
06-27-2005, 08:21 PM
QUAL
Tom Sloe 2.31.276 better than old record
Andy McD 2.31.466 better than old record
Ed Hosni 2.32.079
Monte Cowles 2.33.511
Phil Smith 2.34.195
Kyle Watkins 2.34.547
Chad Lennert 2.35.325
Craig Weidner 2.35.730
Jim Wheeler 2.35.867
Jeffrey Robbins 2.37.145
Fred Hetherwick 2.40.154
Doug Tillman 2.45.175
Harvey West 2.45.606
David Venhaus 3.15.212

David had a brand new car and was having the new car blues. Harvey had some mechanical issues, I had a shifter problem and then brake problems, but was pretty satisfied to be close to everyone except the top couple. When the green flag dropped I was 9th/AS and 20th OA. When the double yellow came out at the end of the lap I was 5th/AS and 9th OA. There was complete carnage at turn one. I saw the dust and picked my way through the mess, missing Andy, who was sideways across the track. I had gotten by Craig and was 4th at that time, but when I braked for turn 5 the throttle pedal came loose from the arm to which it is pinned, and Craig made a nice outside pass going up the hill. There was another mess at seven with several T1 cars in the gravel on the outside.
The double yellow lasted for 3 laps or so, run at about 6 minutes per lap. When the green came out Andy worked his way back through the field. I could see him coming in my mirror since he kicked up dust at the apex and outside of every corner. I just moved over and followed him. He went through the kink almost flat and dropped all 4 off the outside. He drove in the grass at about 120 for 100 yards and hopped back on the track.
The 2nd double yellow was caused by a SS crash on the back straight that turned a mini into a real mini, much shorter and narrower.
When the final green came out there was Tom, Andy, Kyle, Craig, me, the 98 T2 Camaro, a T2 BMW and Phil all in a row. It was good fun for a couple of laps until the wayward gas pedal stuck under the throttle linkage at turn 5 and I spun it into the gravel.
Andy came down from impound and told me he was moved back to 5th for passing under the yellow. They packed up and left. A few minutes later the PA guy called for Andy to report to the SOM. Ted Johnson and I watched the GT race and packed up. We left at 7 p.m., or so and Andy's guys were still waiting for him outside the SOM shack. One of his crew told me he had been protested by Tom and a Vette driver for something that happened on the last couple of laps. I don't know if that is correct, but he was DQ'd. I talked to everyone except Monte, Chad and Tom Sloe and it was good to see everyone outside the runoffs. Damn shame we couldn't have really had a race.
The race results have already been posted.
wheel

23CRLmotorsports
06-28-2005, 01:25 AM
there were 3-4 people that protested and it wasnt for passing under the yellow it was for the first corner move that damged 7+ cars and knocked out 6 of the 7. Alot of angry upset guys that wasted alot of time and effort for nothing. Lots of pretty pissed T-1 guys that this has happened to more then once. I also got put on probation for my move which sucks because I did what I was told to and got punished. I think the SOM were out for blood the cheif steward and asst steward veins were popin out there head while yelling like at my like I was a third grader. Almost thought they were going to start a fight with me, they werent in a good mood.

jimwheeler
06-28-2005, 11:12 AM
Chad,
He was dropped from 1st to 5th for passing under the yellow. That was a totally seperate deal than the eventual DQ. I was told it was for something late in the race, but, obviously, it was for the turn 1, lap 1 mess.
I heard about them yelling at you and the witness said it was totally un-professional on the part of the stewards. They said the stewards seemed out of control of himself.
Glad I just had to contend with the gravel trap.
wheel

jimwheeler
06-30-2005, 10:32 AM
The latest is that McDermid also got a four race probation. Don't know, for sure, if that is true, but that's the word on the street.
wheel

Scotty B
07-04-2005, 08:17 PM
The latest is that McDermid also got a four race probation. Don't know, for sure, if that is true, but that's the word on the street.
wheel

Yeah it was a slick move huh? 4 off in the grass hard on the gas drivers right before we even get to turn 1 for cryin out loud WTF was he thinkin???

We just spent $15k glueing our T1 Corvette back together thanx to andy, what a freekin idiot! Never even came by to ask if our driver was ok, say boo hoo screw you I'm sorry or anything... I can tell you the NayKid camp has lost a ton of respect for andy...

He turned Ryan #75 headfirst into the fence with no tires in front of the concrete there cuz what kind of moron would ever crash there... :(

Anybody know how to get ahold of Andy, sure would like to have a conversation with him, we would have protested him to the moon had we have seen the film before the time limit was over...

sbw

John Rice
07-04-2005, 09:05 PM
You can find him at the next Mid-Ohio race. He should not be hard to find.

23CRLmotorsports
07-05-2005, 02:33 PM
i was pretty suprised that the number of protestors werent significantly higher, If there would have been more, It would have been alot worse then probation, aka slap on the wrist. scotty im sure you can look up his number in the yellow pages, Im not sure what it be under but im guessing bonehead moves or scrap metal processing, or something along those lines

ssjrrupp
07-14-2005, 10:36 AM
sounds like a nasty race... I guess not having the car done was something of a blessing in disguise.

doesn't alot of this boil down to the rules being inconsistently enforced?

For all that carnage, a 4 race probation doesn't sound like much.