PDA

View Full Version : VIR any Results

koscieldrk
04-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Anybody have any results from VIR this past weekend.

Dawson Motorsports
04-17-2008, 01:21 PM
All the results are posted on Mylaps.com , under Oak Tree National 2008.
I could get into listing everone, but I don't want to miss or misspell anyones names.
Chuck

koscieldrk
04-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Thanks Chuck!

I was hoping someone would place a blow by blow description of the race. Was it run in the rain. Looks like Jason had the hot set up and is continuing where he left off from the runoffs.

Just don't mispell CHILI!

Dawson Motorsports
04-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Actually, Sat. race was in the dry, after the big storm. Ellis lead all but the last lap, I think, that's when the bearing hub, decided to let go. He finished 3rd. Jason and Mike went on from there. Me, I was sick as a dog, some sort of bug. Still have it.
Sunday's qualifing: Tom turned a 2.08.8. then Jason and Mike. Mike L. blew up on the pace lap of the race. Jason just went on from the start and won.
I think in our group we had 61 starters on Sat., less for Sunday, around 50.
Chas drove my car in that race and finished 6th, not bad when you consider he's 5" taller then me.
One strange thing to add to the AS, things to look at. Right front weight jack screwed itself out during Fridays qualifing, talk about a handfull at VIR. It was fine when it left the shop.:confused:
That's all I can remember, it's all still fuzzy.
Chuck

PRO SYSTEMS
04-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Man just when I was thinking I was going to add front weight jackers to my car.

Aaah...I guess I'm good without them. 2 less adjustments to mess up.

I never get sick and I have that bug too Chuck.

Apparently it lingers for about 7-10 days. Its a great weight loss plan...I dropped from my normal bulked up 152 lbs. down to 146 in two days and I'm 5' 9ish".

Hope you get feeling better.

Patrick James

Dawson Motorsports
04-17-2008, 06:58 PM
On the weight jacks, it's the first time in over 15 years, I've had this happen.
Andthe bug, have to be at Daytona driver school this weekend. No rest for the wicked.
Chuck

wre46
04-17-2008, 10:43 PM
I came, I saw, I spun, I BROKE, I BROKE, I BROKE..I went home. Back to the drawing board. Some AS driver flipped a hood coming out of the pits during practice.

kbsmith1
04-18-2008, 01:56 AM
So tell us more. What'd you break?

wre46
04-18-2008, 09:34 AM
So tell us more. What'd you break?

Burned up several "brand new" NAPA" steering pumps. Sent them out for rework and larger pulleys.