PDA

View Full Version : Runoffs 1st Qual results are in

kbsmith1
10-08-2007, 07:00 PM
http://scca.com/documents/resultfiles/5643_AS_Qual_1.pdf

Congatulations to all those who are there. Way to go Phil Smith.
Nice start to the week.

socalta
10-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Interesting results....

thanks for posting the link .....
I hope someone posts some commentary to go with the numbers...:thumbsup:

wlfpkrcn
10-08-2007, 07:44 PM
THE FORDS ARE SANDBAGGING!!!!!!!!!:ciao:

jkopp
10-08-2007, 10:49 PM
I have to admit that being lucky 13th out of 31 cars gives me a big old woody!

Ok, so it's a better start than last year but man are some of these guys flyin'! Philip comes out and backs up his outstanding qualifying lap from the last National, Wheelman just decides it's time to "get r done", and Sloe, McDermid, and Watkins show us why their names keep coming up over and over. Great job guys and I can only hope to get a glimpse of you when you fade off in the distance Saturday.

My car was as good as ever. I need more HP! I pulled off out of the gate and waited for the field to go by so I could "do my own thing" behind them. As it turns out, I didn't wait long enough and found myself struggling to get around a few cars to get a good lap in. I managed only two decent laps and then the trans got stuck in 4th gear. I banged the heck out of the shift lever but couldn't get it to cooperate. Luckily I had a brand new spare tranny in the trailer and thanks to my crew guy (Bill) we had it swapped within a couple hours and everything seems good to go for tomorrow.

I know I can got a little faster but, truth be known, I also know everyone else can too.

Brian Doll broke his torque arm and I gave him by old spare - hopefully he is good to go. Wheelman was putting the final touches on his "Car of Tomorrow" splitter when I left the track. I didn't get a chance to chat with many other AS drivers b4 I left but hopefully everybody is where they need to be.

Overall, nice clean first session and freakin' gorgeous weather (told you Dwaine :p). I'm sure I forced a spot or two trying to get around a few guys today and I apologize if I was overzealous. Just tryin' to stay afloat!:thumbsup: Back to the track in the A.M. to see how well the "magic tires" work! :D

-Kopp

socalta
10-09-2007, 11:13 AM
great job Jeff keep pushing that car ....a top 10 would be nice